CAPITAL PROJECT OVERVIEWThe Cornwall Central School District is planning a capital project to address a wide range of critical infrastructure needs. The project will be voted on by the community in May, 2022, but the planning process begins now.Investing in the futureAlthough there have been no decisions made about the specific projects to be included in the proposal, the district administration and board of education have set one clear goal: to create a capital project with little to no impact to taxpayers.In recent years, the district has saved enough money via its capital reserve fund that it can now afford a capital project of roughly $20 million dollars without increasing taxes. The capital reserve fund was approved by the taxpayers, as was every transfer into that fund over the last three years. The district and community now get to benefit from that fiscal foresight.Looking for the public’s inputThe district is eager to involve the community throughout the entire planning process. For those who’d like to participate, there are several ways to do so:
- Complete the Capital Project Survey that’s being mailed to every district resident.
- Attend the Facility Committee Meetings to observe the planning process firsthand.
Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 - 6:30 pmTuesday, November 9th, 2021 - 6:30 pmTuesday, November 23rd, 2021 - 6:30 pmTuesday, December 7th, 2021 - 6:30 pmTuesday, December 21st, 2021 - 6:30 pm
- Attend the Capital Project Community Forums and offer your input directly.
- Sign up for Capital Project updates by providing your email address.
- Click here to fill out the form to be added to the mailing list