Documents Required at Time of Registration: You must bring one document from EACH of the lists below when registering a new student:

Document One:

    • Current mortgage statement or tax bill
    • Current lease
    • A residential lease; deed; or mortgage statement;
    • A statement by a third-party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease from or live with;
    • Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parents/guardian(s) in the school district (forms available in the registrar's office).

Document Two:

    • Pay stub
    • Income tax form
    • Utility or other bills
    • Membership documents based upon residency (e.g., library cards)
    • Voter registration document(s)
    • State or other government issued identification
    • Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies
    • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
  • Documents Must Be Current 

    Print-outs from online accounts will be accepted if they show the name and address of the resident and have a current date.

    Documentation Necessary to Establish Student's Age 

    In addition to the foregoing documentation, the School District requires appropriate documentation sufficient to establish the age of the child(ren) being registered. The following documentation will be required at the time of registration:
    • Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism; or if not available
    • Passport (including foreign passport)
    If the foregoing documentation is not available, the School District will consider other documentary evidence, including but not limited to:
    • State or other government issued identification
    • School photo identification with date of birth
    • Consulate identification card
    • Hospital or health records
    • Military dependent identification card
    • Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies
    • Court orders or other court-issued documents
    • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
    • Native American tribal documents
    If relevant, additional documentation needed for school information
    • IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
    • Section 504 documentation from previous school district
    • Last report card for placement purpose

    Additional Information 

    The child's most recent immunization records are required at time of registration.  All new students are required to have a health physical completed in New York State in order to attend school. The exam must be performed within 12 months prior to the child's start date. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 15 days from the start of school to obtain one.  Exception for military families:  A physical done on a military base by a military doctor is acceptable by NYS. 

    Your child must turn 5 years of age on or before December 1st of the school year you are registering for in order to enroll in kindergarten in September. There are absolutely no exceptions.  If you have any questions or concerns, please call 845-534-8009 x7803. 

    Change in Residence and/or Mailing Address

    If your living situation changes at any time during the year, you must contact the Student Registration office. Proof of residency documents are required when you change your address and/or change your mailing address. The Central Registrar will update our systems and notify the Transportation Coordinator of the change. Your child's transportation will be arranged when proof of residency is received by the Student Registration office.