School Tax Collector
24 Idlewild Avenue, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520
(845) 534-8009 ext 7113
To pay, view, or print a copy of a taxpayer's bill and/or receipt click on the following link:
School tax bills are mailed to taxpayers at the end of August every year. Payments made through September 30th are without penalty. Payments made between October 1st and October 31st are charged a 2% penalty. Payments made November 1st and November 3rd are charged a 3% penalty. No payments can be accepted after November 3rd by the school district as all unpaid taxes at that point are turned over to the Orange County Commissioner of Finance. Taxpayers can make payments at Orange County Commissioner of Finance until November 15th with a 3% penalty. Orange County Commissioner of Finance will not accept payment after November 15th. After November 15th unpaid school taxes are re-levied onto the taxpayer's January property tax bill along with additional penalties.
Methods of Payment:
- Mail the tax bill along with payment to: Cornwall Central School District, 24 Idlewild Avenue, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520 Attn: School Tax Collector. Make checks payable to: Cornwall Central School District School Tax Collector. Payments must be postmarked by due date to avoid penalties. If the due date falls on the weekend and/or a federal holiday the due date automatically is extended to the next business day. A postage meter postmark is NOT a postmark made by the United States Post Office and cannot be deemed timely if received by the collecting officer after the due date.
- Payment can be made at the District Administration Offices using the dropbox next to the entrance door at 24 Idlewild Avenue, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520. Cash is not accepted through the dropbox.
- As of September 1st, Charge Cards, Debit Cards, and Electronic-Checks are accepted. Please use the link below to pay or obtain a copy of your tax bill and/or receipt for printing. Go to: WWW.EGOV.BASNY.COM/CORNWALLCSD
Once you click on the above link, you will be asked to provide information in order to access your tax bill. It is only necessary to fill in ONE of the following boxes: Name, Bill number, OR SBL Number. If you put in more than one identifier, the bill will not load properly.
- No partial payments or installments can be accepted
- Post-dated checks will be returned immediately
If you believe your bank or mortgage company escrows for your taxes (your monthly mortgage amount includes a tax escrow payment) and you receive a tax bill, please forward your bill to the bank or company holding your mortgage.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve you of your responsibility for payment. It also will not constitute cause for cancellation of any penalty if the bill becomes delinquent. (New York State Real Property Tax Law 922)
If you do not receive a tax bill, please contact the tax collector at the number above to obtain a copy of your tax bill.
New York State homeowners can reduce their school taxes through the statewide school tax relief program, STAR. Basic STAR is available to anyone who owns and lives in his or her own home and does not exceed the $500,000 income level . Enhanced STAR is available to senior homeowners who incomes do not exceed the statewide standard. Contact the STAR office to apply if you are not already enrolled.
- Cornwall: (845) 534-7290
- New Windsor: (845) 563-4631
- Woodbury: (845) 928-2439